Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Diffendoofer Day is Tomorrow! As is Pi Day :)

So my school, Oxford Preparatory Academy (OPA) is celebrating Diffendoofer Day from the Dr. Seuss book Hooray for Diffendoofer Day. Well technically its not completely written by Dr. Seuss because he died before he could write it so other people compiled together his notes for it and wrote it. It's a very cool book about this school where the teachers teach the kids all these silly things and then they have a huge major test to take and if they don't get a high score they'll have to go to this really sad and boring school. So they take the test and they get a high score so they celebrate by having Diffendoofer Day (the school is called Diffendoofer School) where they eat cake and milk and pizza. (yes, it's a weird combination) So yeah. It's really awesome. I wonder if the Beatles read Dr. Seuss books when they were little... not likely, but still! It'd be cool. In other news, tomorrow is March 14, otherwise known as PI DAY!!!!!! YAY! (cue the blowing of party horn things that curl and confetti) :) I love pi. I was seriously obsessed with it in 6th grade. I drew little pis (pis? pii?) that lookes like other things for example ca candle with a pi shaped flame. (called a Pidle)  My faves were the Pisettia, the Pidal wave, and the Piscraper. Yeah, I have issues. :) So anyway, in spirit of Pi Day, I will now type all the digits of pi that I currently have memorized: 3.1415926...
I can't remember past that. Here's what I'd like to be able to remember:
3.1415926535897932384626433827950...
I finally am able to but I kinda have to sing it. Anyways, happy Pi Day and DFTBA and LTTB!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment